STOP! Before you move forward with this form and virtual proctoring self-enrollment, please be sure you have:
Please make selections using the form to the right. Upon hitting submit, you will be taken to the Kaplan Real Estate Education cart to select a date and time for your virtual exam classroom proctoring session. Please note that all proctoring session times listed will be Central Standard Time (CST). If you are more than 10 minutes late to your session, it will be counted as a failure to appear.
Virtual Proctoring sessions fill up in advance. We recommend completing your course at least 14 days before your desired proctoring date. Failure to appear for your session, canceling with less than 24 hours notice, or being ineligible to test may result in a $25 rescheduling fee.
Please be aware there is a slight lag between when you select your session and when it is secured in our enrollment system. The enrollment process doesn’t start until you proceed through the check out process. Any delay in checking out can lead to the session being booked by another student. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
What is Virtual Classroom Proctoring?
Some regulatory agencies require students to take a proctored, end-of-course final exam. In some instances, the exam must be proctored by the education provider. Many states are now allowing for virtual classroom proctoring versus live in-person proctoring.
Your school has partnered with Kaplan Real Estate Education to provide you with this virtual classroom exam proctoring service. Virtual proctoring works in much the same way, but instead of meeting your proctor in a physical classroom, your exam will be proctored in Kaplan’s virtual classroom.
How do I schedule my proctoring session?
After completing your course and contacting your school, they would have provided you with a Promo Code (save this for the checkout process) upon validating you’ve met all requirements (fully completed the course and are within the designated timelines required by the state). Please use the form on this page (see far right) to schedule a proctoring session in Kaplan’s virtual classroom for a date and time that works for you. Please note all times listed are in Central Standard Time (CST).
What happens after I schedule my Virtual Exam Proctoring Session?
Upon scheduling the session, Kaplan will email the enrolled student an order confirmation for the assigned virtual exam proctoring session and a second email with access instructions. Kaplan will also email class confirmation/reminders closer to the scheduled exam proctoring date.
What happens on my virtually proctored exam day?
You will be asked to enter Kaplan’s virtual classroom at least five minutes before your session is scheduled to begin. Please note your scheduled time will be in Central Standard Time (CST). Students who arrive late to their scheduled exam may be subject to a cancellation/rescheduling fee.
To login to the exam session:
- Go to your school’s portal home page, click “Access Your Courses.”
- Then, click the Exam Session (Example: 1.5 Hour – Virtual Proctoring – Room 32 – 2:30 pm (April 26, 2021)), which will open the Virtual Class window – allowing the proctor to see you through the webcam.
- You must download Zoom Client for Meetings prior to your session and have a microphone, speakers or a headset, and a video camera (webcam). The proctor must be able to see and hear you at all times (and vice versa).
- A room/testing area scan will be requested by the proctor before the start of the exam.
- For the room scan, you will scan your camera around your testing area so the proctor can confirm that you do not have any available exam aids (open books, additional monitors, etc.).
- The proctor will ask you to share your screen so they can confirm that you do not have additional browser tabs open that might aid in your exam.
- You must have a state-issued identification card (At the start of your exam time, you will be asked to hold up your ID to the camera so the proctor can confirm your identity).
To launch your exam:
- Click on the exam icon on your dashboard. This will open a Proctor Monitor Form to fill out with help from the proctor. The proctor must be present when filling this out.
- After passing the exam, both you and the proctor must read the affirmation statements and check the “I affirm” checkboxes to complete the exam attempt.
- Then, you must go back to the dashboard and click the “Affidavit” icon. You must accept your affidavit to ensure your course is considered complete. Contact your school for your completion certificate.
- Your proctor should give you permission to exit the Virtual Exam. Closing the virtual Exam browser window/tab will exit you from the virtual proctored exam.
What if I do not pass the first time?
Each state sets the number of attempts allowed for the exam. No matter how many attempts are allowed, each one must be proctored and will feature different questions.
Call your school to review your account and validate if you are within the regulatory guidelines to retake the final exam. Your school will provide you with a “Retake” promo code to use when scheduling your second attempt.
Upon receiving the second promo code, please revisit this form to schedule a new proctoring session.